Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Installation of photovoltaic and solar panels for power generation is becoming increasingly popular in many countries. However, in order to ensure their smooth operation, it is necessary to conduct key maintenance activities periodically. One of the most critical aspects concerns their cleaning, and using a pure water system is an effective and environmentally friendly way to keep them clean.
Best ways for cleaning photovoltaic panels
Since photovoltaic/solar panels are continuously being exposed to various environmental factors, dust, dirt, pollen, bird droppings and other debris are inevitably accumulated on their surface, reducing their operating efficiency. As a matter of fact, dirty PV panels can reduce energy production; therefore, it is essential to keep them clean to ensure optimal performance.
One of the most effective and environmentally friendly methods for cleaning photovoltaic panels is the use of pure water.
This system actually uses osmotized and demineralized water, thus free of impurities, minerals and other contaminants. Thanks to its high cleaning power, no streaks or residues are left behind.
Benefits of the pure water technology system for cleaning solar panels
- Environmentally friendly: Pure water is chemical-free, leaving no residue or pollutants, reducing environmental impact.
- Safe: The equipment is operated directly from the ground via extension and telescopic poles, avoiding the use of ladders, scaffolding or suspended scaffolding.
- Time-saving: The pure water system is a quick and efficient way to clean solar panels. The high-pressure water jet used in the system ensures that the panels are cleaned effectively and quickly.
- Effective: Purified water acts as an extraordinary solvent that can remove all residues ensuring a clean surface free of marks and streaks.
Cleaning solar panels with IPC HighPure
The efficacy of IPC HighPure pure water systems is based on two key features:
- Enabling people to reach surfaces at high heights without using ladders, scaffolding or platforms.
- The perfect cleaning of surfaces with no detergents.
The cleaning of solar panels using HighPure is environmentally friendly, thanks to reduced water consumption and the absence of any chemicals generating residues of pollution. Free of detergents, in fact, HighPure’s wastewater can be used for irrigation or dispersed through the sewer system.
For more information, download the brochure.
In conclusion, using a pure water system can be an effective, environmentally friendly, and economical way to clean photovoltaic/solar panels. It not only reduces the environmental impact of cleaning, but also improves their operating efficiency and extends their lifetime.
For more information, please contact us. We will be happy to help you!